Few decisions in life have greater impact on one’s happiness than the decision to marry. Exploring values and developing a process for working through conflict can help people prepare for marriage and help make the marriage more successful. Areas of exploration can include:
- Affirming what you like and appreciate about each other
- Identifying what you want in your marriage (values and goals)
- Recognizing your expectations about your roles in marriage
- Exploring your attitudes about money (earning, spending, saving, investing, giving)
- Recognizing the differences in your emotional styles
- Developing a good sexual relationship
- Identifying any problems that already exist
- Learning good communication skills
- Developing methods of working toward solutions
Let us help you address your concerns.
Call Potomac Grove Psychiatry today for an appointment: 301-963-0060.